Friday, November 14, 2008

Trav's Birthday

So Travis is turning 4 years old and it is so weird because I feel like we have had him forever, but its only been 4 years. He is just the best kid in the world and so funny. He makes me laugh all day long and he always tells me..."you crack me up Mom!" So cute! One day we were watching a cooking show and saw this really awesome volcano cake and so Travis picked this for his birthday and I was more than happy to make it because it was so fun.

Trav's vtech laptop (which he hasn't played with even once) when you scroll down you'll know why!
The making of the cake. I used two box cake mixes (one red velvet--one chocolate) and made 4 round cakes and then cut them down to size. I crumbled the leftover red velvet pieces for my lava rocks. The rest was just frosting and icing! Oh and of course, I cut a whole out of the top and inserted a votive candle holder with some dry ice in it-so it looked like the volcano was erupting. The kids loved it and thought I was magic! It's always fun when you can impress your kids.

Travis asked me if it was "really exploding?"

My cousin Kevin made this "super homemade" card for Trav's birthday! If you look close you can see it says..."more chips" --Trav's favorite phrase.

This is why Travis hasn't touched his laptop toy. He loves LOVES his Batcave!


1 comment:

The Carey's said...

I think the homemade card is the best gift of all! Happy birthday cheeto.