Friday, December 26, 2008

Blessed!

One night, a few days before Christmas, I was sitting in my living room (all snuggled up and warm) with the kids tucked into their beds. As I watched the clear bright lights of the Christmas tree twinkle, I had a feeling of such thankfulness overcome me. My life is blessed---I am deeply indebt to my Heavenly Father who has given me so much. These are just a few of the things that ran through my head that night...
1. My children (crazy, happy, feisty, and oh so sweet!)
2. My husband (loving, kind, funny, and faithful in the gospel)
3. My extended family (parents, in-laws, sisters, brothers, cousins, aunts & uncles)
4. My Grandmothers (no one could have been given better role models)
5. My Savior (with Christmas fast approaching, my thoughts were more in tune with the great debt I owe to him, with the wonder of His life and His love for me.)
6. For a home warm and safe from the snow.
7. For food to feed my family.
8. For presents under the tree.
9. For the little things everyday (clean water, a van that runs, ...)
10. For health (I am so grateful to have a healthy body and healthy children)

So, as I watched those little lights sparkle and shine, I determined that maybe this Christmas I could make a determination to shine a little brighter. Too work a little harder at showing how grateful I am for my blessed life.

2 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Sarah! I'm so excited that you have a blog too! It will be fun getting to 'know' you ~ the adult you! I will add you to my blog list, too, so that I can keep up with what's up in your world. And I noticed a few familiar names on your list...I am a habitual blog-hopper so it will be fun to check in on a few of those, too!

See ya in blog-land ~ and in BF ~ soon! (and I love your blog, too!)

Love,
your Aunt Loralee
(but you can just call me Loralee - please!)

The Carey's said...

I notice you didn't include "cousin-in-law" on your list. Should I be offended?