Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer Stuff

This summer Jeff was really busy...he spent about 11 weeks out of the summer gone from home...so the kids and I have pretty much been on our own. We did find ways to entertain ourselves though. Our first visit was to Nampa to stay at Grandma and Grandpa Petersen's house for a few days. The kids had a blast playing with the dogs and we went to a nice kid oriented swimming pool that isn't far from their house. Then at the end of June we traveled to Bonners Ferry for a visit to Grandma & Grandpa Carey's house. It was so fun. We went swimming alot, floated the river, played at the 59 property, and had a great 4th of July. I think the highlight for my kids was a big ol' slip n' slide that my dad made up at his property---it was a hit and is still the first thing the kids mention about what they liked this summer. Caleb and I both had a first this summer...I shot a 45. handgun for the 1st time and Caleb got to shoot a 22 and a 17 rifle for the first time. Good times. Jeff joined us in BF for a few days to play and then we drove home and he left for a few weekds again! Our last big hurrah of the summer was for our camping trip up in the Sawtooth Mountains. We stayed at Stanley Lake Campground and it was really nice. With Caleb's constant whistling, Trav's constant farting, and Martie's constant "squalking" after 4 days I was ready to come home---and i think the rest of the campers were ready for us to leave. It was so much fun though. School starts on Monday and I am super glad! I will get to hear a little less about Star Wars and force fields, and get to spend a little more time getting ready for our new baby (which is due in about 8 wks.)!!!!!!!

No comments: