Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009!

Well, I don't really have anything that exciting to blog about, but I am tired of seeing our Christmas tree on our blog page! Caleb's school break was over last week, so he was back to the routine----Jeff's semester starts this week so that means the rest of us will be back to normal. As nice as it is to have Jeff around, I am kind of anxious to get my house back to regular (not just the kids make messes!) The kids have been enjoying their Christmas toys; Martie and I play dollies everyday---it's so fun. I made some diapers, a pillow, and a blanket for her babies and she just loves them. Jeff thinks I partly did it for me since I enjoying playing so much! Well, I kind of set my clock by semesters; everytime a new one starts I make my little plans of things I need to accomplish (kind of my own version of a syllabus haha!) These are some of the little goals I want to get done before summer. Wish me luck!
1. Teach Travis all his letters and his numbers to 10. He already knows his shapes and colors (that was last fall's semester :) You know with Caleb I was really anxious that he learn everything early--thought it proved how smart he was, but I've noticed that Travis learns alot differently--He doesn't seem as willing to share what he knows.
2. Catch up on my scrapbooking! This might sound silly, but I am like 3 years behind and with 3 kids that's like 9 years! Yes, I can still do simple math.
3. Paint the kitchen wall and paint all baseboards and doors! Are kids are really rough on anything at their level. Doors are dinged, baseboards are nicked, and kitchen walls (right behind Martie's seat) are really really in need of a paint job.

These might sound like pretty easy goals, but finding time to do this on top of everything else can sometimes be overwhelming. I love being a Mom though and wouldn't change a thing (well, maybe a few things), but not my little ones (even their sticky fingers and muddy shoes)!

1 comment:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Great goals! I need to get off my can and make some goals of my own already!
:D