Monday, March 2, 2009

Caleb's Baptism






Caleb was baptized on February 28th, this past Saturday. He was really excited about it. Grandma & Grandpa Carey, Grandpa Mike, Aunt Kathy, Kevin & Tiffany, Kim, and Sommers came. It was so special to see him take this step in his life. I asked him afterwards if he felt any different and he said..."Not much." Funny kid. Jeff baptized & confirmed him and the Grandpas' were the witnesses. Grandpa Carey also gave a talk on baptism and Grandma Carey said the opening prayer. It was a great day. After the baptism, we all went to Caleb's basketball game (it wasn't the best game)...then came home for some yummy food. I am so grateful to be Caleb's mom...he is such a good example to me. One thing I especially admire about Caleb is how much he cares about other people. When he hurts someones feelings or does something that isn't right---you can see how sorry he is--its written all over his face. He tries really hard to be good and he is so helpful at home. I love Caleb!

4 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Those are wonderful events that make such great memories. And I am always so impressed by what a good mom you are.
Love, Loralee

The Carey's said...

We are so glad that we got to be a part of Caleb's special day!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Thanks so much for the compliment! But I am shocked by it. Intimidated? Natural ability? Maybe it's just that I love to blog and it shines through...I don't know. But I do know my family thinks I'm crazy...I think I'm crazy because I need to have the feedback, or it feels like I'm wasting my time, thus the reason for the post. Kinda like always leaving a message on the answering machine and never getting a call back. Does that make any sense?
Oh well. And don't worry - you actually comment more often than most other people I know!

Melonie Harris said...

Hey Sara I found your blog on Shuanas!!Wahoo for Caleb... I can't believe he is 8!!