Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Martie's Birthday!


Time goes so fast! Martie is now my little 3 year old girl intead of my baby!
She wanted a Hello Kitty cake so I did my best and think it turned out pretty o.k.
She kept saying that it was her "cat cake"!



To my surprise, one of the candles we had was a gag one where it won't blow out. Jeff and I both had no idea and watching Marite try to blow it out was pretty funny.

Her birthday presents included...Grandma Carey (0utfit, hopscotch, dress), Us (doll carrier, clothes, dollhouse stuff, coloring books, magnet princess thingy). I don't know what to call it. She was pretty happy with everthing. As you can tell!


Martie has finally learned how to stay still for pictures...it's cute though because she does this smile all the time. And if you don't catch it right at the beginning she smiles so big that you can't see her eyes!!



My cousin Tiffany, (Kev's wife) came over last week & made this super sweet tutu for Martie's birthday. She also got her a little purse and headband. Martie absolutely LOVES LOVES her tutu! Thanks Tif


NOTE: Martie's BEST Birthday present was the dollhouse her Grandpa Carey made. She has had it for about a month already and plays with it all the time. My computer is being silly about uploading the pictures though.

4 comments:

The Carey's said...

Great job on the cake! i am glad she finally decided what kind she wanted. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MART!!!

Becky said...

You are such a good mom. Look at that cake. Is that what my cake would have looked like. Don't think that you are off the hook of making me Barb's chocolate cake. You owe me. I am pissed we didn't eat it for breakfast on friday.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Cute cake! Looks like she had a great birthday!
And Mark and his brothers do look alike, for sure!
:~D

Shawn, Kayla, Evalie and Evan said...

Hi Sara! Martie is so beautiful! I haven't seen an updated photo of her in a while, and I'm really bad about checking other people's blogs! (such is the life of a working mom, sigh.) Anyway, I love her cake, I'll have to use that idea for Evie this year. She's really into 'kitty,'too!
That is hilarious that Travis said you make him sick w/your singing. LOL!!! Kids say the funniest things. I love it!