Friday, March 20, 2009

Class Picture...

It is Friday...
and not just Friday, but the Friday before Spring Break. As I lay in bed this morning listening to the birds chirp with sunlight streaming through the window I thought "Why not start spring break early?" As this idea took root in my head, I began rationalizing all the reasons why I should lay in bed and enjoy the morning...
The little devil on my shoulder was telling me...
1. Caleb never misses school... so what does one day matter?
2. He has never even been tardy.
3. Waffles sound delicious and if he goes to school there won't be time.
4. It's going to a gorgeous spring day and it will be fun to do some things together.

The little angel on my shoulder was telling me...
1. A good mom would set an example for her children and make them go to school
2. He has all next week off...
3. There might be something fun at school he will miss out on

So who did I listen to?

I love waffles...
I laid in bed for a bit longer than got up to make breakfast not only did we have waffles, but homemade hashbrowns too. After I got breakfast cleaned up I was putting something away in the closet and it was then that a little envelope laying on the piano caught my eye...
CLASS PICTURES TODAY!!!!
Crapola---"Caleb get pants on" I shouted! "and get pants for Martie and Travis too" I barked! ok yes we are ready to go...we made our mad dash to school only 40 minutes late with Travis wearing only pants & a ketchup goatee, Martie wearing jeans from last year (high waters) & a rats nest of hair, Caleb holie jeans and lame hand-me-down shirt, no hair combing & possibly no teeth brushing. Me--bleach stained sweats, no bra, crazy bed hair, and smears of sticky maple syrup on my ratty old sweatshirt. hahahaha

I HAD to get him there for his class picture---i couldn't let one small indulgence---one random time I decided to listen to the little devil ruin the meticulous image I've created of myself as a responsible, dedicated mother!!! ONLY MY CHILDREN WILL KNOW THE TRUTH!! and who would believe them?

Needless to say, I'm very curious to see what his class picture will look like...he will probably be teh stinky kid today...oh well. The waffles were delicious!

3 comments:

Becky said...

The ONE random time you listened to the little devil. Part of me believes it wasn't just one time.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Who the heck planned school pictures the last day before spring break? I think it was the DEVIL!
And I think the best moms sometimes just bag the routine to spend some memorable time with their little ones! I'm sure Caleb will remember this one! haha
:~D

Eldrberry Grove said...

And all that matters is that the waffles were delicious! :)