Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The sun was shining....

the air was warm, I could smell something green (grass, leaves, something), and I could hear the birds chirping....
My kids laughter bouncing to my ears from the backyard
No piles of snow suits and boots by my front door
We rode bikes
We played baseball
We painted the town red (literally with sidewalk chalk)
We blew bubbles
We climber all over the jungle gym and made ourselves dizzy on the merry-go-round
We were joyous!

AND NOW....

SNOW and more SNOW and more SNOW...

I feel like a character in one of those historical novels.... I'm living on the prarie in a sod house and getting so stir crazy I start talking to the animals, and myself, and the furniture. CABIN FEVER!

I've made a serious attempt this year to avoid sitting the kids in front of the TV watching cartoons....but I AM OUT OF OPTIONS!!

We've....
colored, painted, went swimming, sledding, snowman, snowballs, crafts, preschool, movies, games, basketball, huckle-buckle bean stock, made cookies, and so on....I am completely out ideas.


So we will sit.

We will watch Spongebob.

We will wait for spring.




And if you don't hear from us...then I wandered away from my little sod house out into the snow.

Seriously though, I'm not crazy just really really tired of winter! I'd never make it in Alaska.

It's cruel to tempt me with spring...to give me a week of it and then take it away. I'm not a glass half-full type of girl....I want it all the way full!

1 comment:

Eldrberry Grove said...

LOL! I am right there with ya! Although you've come up with a heck of alot more stuff to entertain yourself with. I've done movies and the Wii. Whoopee! Bring on the spring!!