Sunday, February 8, 2009

The moments I live for...

Jeff is gone on drill so it's just me and the kiddies again. We have a tradition on these weekends of waking up on Sunday mornings and one by one the kids will climb into bed with me. I was warm and toasty in the middle of a Travis, Martie, and Caleb sandwhich, and there was no place in the world that I would rather be. On top of that, my youngest son decided to be extra sweet this morning----which is extra special because he isn't, how do I say this in a nice way, "The most openly loving" little person (whoops he doesn't like to be called "little"---he is medium!" Anyway here our a few tidbits from our conversation that made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Travis to me: "Mom, I love you."

Me: "I love you too."

Travis: "Mom, I love you forever."

Me: "I will love you forever too." "yes...Martie and Caleb also."

Travis: Mom, you're beautiful!"

Wow! i thought, this kid must want something....

Me: Thank you Travis!

Travis: Mom, you have beautiful hair...

Me: You are very sweet today Trav

Travis: Mom, you have beautiful eyes.

Me: Thank you Trav

Martie: Mom, I like all your eyes.

To which I think I had an overdose of affection after having gone so long without, that I said..."Why don't we go make breakfast"

Now, I in no way belive I am beautiful but.... I think it is sweet that my kids do.

this is gonna be a great day...

p.s I love them... I will forever.... they are beautiful (eyes, hair, etc)...

1 comment:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Those ARE the best moments, for sure!
:~D