Friday, February 6, 2009

Our dog....aka "The Money Pit"

So last year around Christmas time our black lab BJ got sick and stopped eating or drinking. After a few days we decided to be responsible and take her to the vet (my dad would call this a waste of money). It turned out that she had some sort of bacterial infection and needed antibiotics, which apparently are alot of money. I don't know about your houses, but our kids always start talking about what they want for Christmas really early & with our sick dog----we really felt like telling them "For Christmas this year, your dog can live." Anway BJ got better and here we are a year later AND she started acting all sick again.
Syptoms as follows: no eating (this from the dog I saw eat a wiffle bat), no drinking, no pooing, etc....
AND OF COURSE she was looking at me with her big sad brown eyes and being unreasonably cute. I tell you if she had gotten sick in the summer when I caught her chewing up my patio chairs, I would have said "good riddance!"
Anyway, off she went to the vet clinic where the doctors are so nice and after them doing an xray for free since, we are too cheap---they discovered that my "brain cell deficient" dog had swallowed a big (golf ball size) rock & it was lodged in her intestines. They then informed us that the surgery would cost $800.00 and that was only if their were no complications (knowing OUR DOG there would be complications). So we go to the vet this morning to have her put down and they tell us that she PASSED (a nice way of putting it) the rock!!! All I could think about was Travis saying..."This one's gonna hurt." Well, I guess we got lucky, the vets were all pretty amazed. Interesting how a dog can do something so stupid (eat a rock) and then be called miraculous all because she pooped! Anway, her new name is officially the "Money Pit"

1 comment:

The Carey's said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! ALL THIS STRESS AND YOU COULD HAVE JUST WAITED A WEEK FOR HER TO POO?! SERIOUSLY!?