Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Love it...I love it not....

Laundry and I have a love/hate relationship.

I hate when it piles up over the baskets and onto the floor.

I can't stand when I've started a load only to find halfway through the cycle that I didn't yet have all the dirty clothes from the bedrooms (i.e the ones hiding under the bed, in the toy closet, in the pillowcase).

I hate when my jeans go through the dryer and end up smaller (it happens---I know it)

I detest when my fabric softener drips onto my shelf.

I abhore when my downy ball is tangled up in clothes and I can't find it.

I despise putting clothes away in dressers only to find they've crawled back into my dirty clothes basket not an hour later.

I loathe matching socks.

I get angry when I find a butter rum lifesaver melted to shirts in my dryer.

I HATE LAUNDRY.....

I love warm towels from the dryer.

I adore fresh clean sheets after a relaxing bubble bath.

I worship (not in the blasphemous way) comfly clean socks.

I like the hum of the dryer...it soothes me.

I smile when I see my favorite pair of sweats folded neatly in my drawer ( just waiting for me to put them on.)

I feel pride when I see my cute children all turned out in clean, bright clothes with smiling faces.

I'm the mommy and....

I LOVE LAUNDRY!

2 comments:

The Carey's said...

You totally read my mind with the laundry thing. More so the HATE part than the love part, but whatever. you need to post a pic of your cute picture frames...I LOVE THEM!

Eldrberry Grove said...

So true...so true!